Historic site and monument at Saint-Nazaire
Used between 1911 and 1993 to maintain water levels in the harbour.The Raising Plant, whose tall brick-chimney can be seen from afar, is no longer in service. For more than 80 years, from 1911 to 1993, it fulfilled a very important mission. Its powerful machines pumped water in the outer port in order to permanently ensure a sufficient height of water in the basins of the port (the level naturally decreases with evaporation and lock movements).
- Public transport : Ligne U4 - Arrêt: Petit Maroc at 400 m