Here, enjoy the generous skies, sun and sea…
The people of Saint-Nazaire long kept it a secret that their stretch of coast, several kilometres in length, concealed so many enchanting beaches and coves. Today, we boast that the destination Saint-Nazaire has 20 beaches and coves, two designated Handiplage (with facilities for the handicapped), six provided with lifeguards in summer, and one a star in a famous French film, Les Vacances de Monsieur Hulot. Plus, three of our beaches have gained Blue Flag status.
- Do you have lively little ones? Young and old alike will love the beach games made from driftwood on Saint-Nazaire’s central beach, featuring wooden castles, bridges and diggers, as well as swings. This is an adventure playground where children can run about barefoot in the sand!
- Do you have older children into skimboarding and windsurfing? Then head for La Courance or Saint-Nazaire’s main central beach, with Le Skate Park water sports centre.
- Are you looking for tranquillity? Seek out the little coves around Port Charlotte or at La Petite Vallée for peace and quiet.
Beaches for all seasons
- Looking to relax after a hard day’s work? Some of our beaches are practically in the heart of town: the Plage de Saint-Nazaire, in front of Place du Commando; the Plage de Villès-Martin, with its bus stop, plus a bar offering snacks (April to September); or, to the west, there’s Saint-Marc-sur-Mer’s large beach, with bars and restaurants, plus memories of comic character Monsieur Hulot.
- Intrigued by our pêcheries, the fishing huts hanging over the Loire Estuary? Head to the little port of Trébézy or to Sautron to see them close up.
- Or, if you simply wish to admire a magnificent sunset… try any of Saint-Nazaire’s many beaches!
So, in your view, which is your favourite Saint-Nazaire beach?